Ukrainian women dating can become a real disaster and may evoke nothing but a mixture of contradictory feelings if you have no idea what and who you are dealing with. You have probably come across various guides to dating Ukrainian women, haven’t you? Some of them are brief but so optimistic and persuasive that getting a Ukrainian girlfriend seems like a piece of cake — just use the “power” of your foreign passport. Others are extremely pessimistic and may only discourage you from looking for your love in Ukraine even without trying.
The truth, as usual, lies somewhere in between and proves the fact that not all guides are equally useful.
Anyway, in our today’s article, there will not be any pieces of advice on how to impress a lady by the power of your “Alpha-male” charms or IDs. CYB wants to draw your attention to moments and some local peculiarities that seem insignificant at first sight but may play an important role in further dating Ukraine representative.
First Impression: We Shall See What We Shall See
What are you looking at when you see a woman’s profile for the first time?
Her beautiful photos, witty self-description or the warmth of her smile that makes your heart melt.
While the beating of your heart makes you express your love by sending her a letter after letter, we are going to get your priorities straight.
According to Answer Lab study, men spend 65 percent more time looking at the pictures in the profile than women do. This explains why ladies try to use the power of their beauty to attract men. Still, if a woman’s profile contains “super hot” or almost naked photos, in 9 out of 10 cases this profile is fake or created by a scammer. Why so?
A single Ukrainian lady, who wants a good partner and happy family, will never present herself as someone of easy virtue. One photo in bathing suit or shorts is possible. But this is close to the self-allowable maximum. The explanation of this phenomenon can be found in the local upbringing of girls. According to Ukrainian mothers, such types of ladies (sharing half-naked photos) are usually one-night attractions. However, no men will choose her as a wife or a mother of his children. Even if it sounds like an echo of a patriarchal culture to your “modern” ears, this stereotype hasn’t died out here yet.
Just to add the cherry on top, we want to ask you, don’t you find it strange that an “average” single woman agreed to such photoshoot and doesn’t mind that thousands of men see her in the nude? Think about it when you have free time!
Are you a regularpopular on the dating sites in Ukraine? Do you receive many admire letters?
It is a pity to disappoint you, but the majority of these letters are letters sent by scammers. This is one more stereotype that is still alive here – a man should show his interest first. Of course, this is the 21st century, and there is a chance that she may send you a brief but informative letter. Then she will wait for you to take the lead in further communication. Here you can send email first and take control over the situation by your active position.
Online Dating in Ukraine: Trust but Verify
It is pointless to deny that there is no other way to establish a relationship of trust without speaking the same language. If you speak Russian or Ukrainian, then you can skip this section. But, if you hope for English to be your common language, then you should know what may “English level — learning” mean.
And in 9 out of 10 cases, it means “NO ENGLISH AT ALL.”
What complications will it bring to you?
- Her SMS and every letter to you are translated by someone. You guessed that right — someone is reading all the private letters sent to your girl. Are you really OK with that?
- You will need a translator for every meeting. The approximate price is 15 dollars per hour. Even if money is not a problem, are you sure you want the third person to be part of your, what supposed to be, romantic dates?
- Sooner or later, one of you will have to take language courses. Will it be you? Will you pay for her studying?
There is one more seemingly negligible detail that is never taken into consideration but that can reflect the actual state of affairs within several days. It is called time difference, and we bet you almost never pay attention to it.
Average Ukrainian girls have bills to pay and can’t stay online with you at 3 or 4 in the morning. Only professional scammers work night shift and always find it comfortable to talk with you for hours during the night.
And finally, she promises to visit you. Though it has become one of the most popular scammer’s schemes to ask for money, men still keep asking themselves, “What’s the catch?” That’s caused by a lack of information about life in this country and differences in mentality.
Why does such promise sound like trash to locals?
Let’s single out best three reasons: money for a ticket, visa issues, and prejudice against appropriate (or inappropriate) woman’s behavior.
- The level of salaries in Ukraine does not let an average woman just go and buy a ticket. She won’t spend the sum of her several monthly salaries to meet some stranger. Even if she is really interested in him, the price is usually too high.
- If you live in Canada, the US, or the UK, then girls will also have to get a visa before going to your country. It is not that easy, as she will have to show her income (which in most cases is too low), and the reason for her traveling makes her potential immigrant.
- And the last but not the least is local prejudice against woman’s behavior. A man is supposed to take the initiative and organize the first date. For Ukrainian girls to be too active equals losing their dignity and looking cheap.
Only a few years ago, this information would be nothing more than an additional insight into local culture and food for thought. We could end it up by saying, “Be careful and attentive to details.”
Nowadays, the situation has changed with the appearance of such companies as CYB. It is a brand new tendency, but it begins to gather momentum.
A background check is not a luxury but a necessity for a modern man to be much more effective in achieving his goals. Want to be on the safe side? You know who can help you!